Platform as A Service – PaaS for Maximo on Mobile Platform
Problem Statement: One of our clients was required to expose key functionality from the enterprise Maximo suite to fleet business users on the Win 10 platform. These users wanted to be able to leverage mobile friendly UI, without compromising performance or security. All access will be via corporate WiFi and/or Cisco VPN. Users had client furnished ruggedized W10 Getac devices.
Salient Features of Proposed Solution:
• Team GoldenTech leveraged microservices and cloud native architecture to bring scalability and security to the fleet users. Containerized services were hosted in the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) environment.
• All traffic into the API layer was managed by APIGEE layer to introduce scalability and security.
• PCF hosted microservices allowed end-users to get relevant Maximo functionality without having to deal with the traditional UI. Client wanted to follow a private cloud pattern given the sensitivity of the data. All the containers were hosted via on-prem servers.
• Cloud native architecture allowed the client to shift any of the hosted services from on-prem to a Kubernetes supported environment in AWS or Azure.
• Security between each layer was handled via separate tokens i.e. SAML 2.0, JWT and oAUTH 2.0
• APIGEE was able to authenticate with a special mobile Maximo JVM that was enabled with SAML auth provider. Post authentication, all cookies created by Maximo i.e. JSession and LPTA2 were stored in a secure/encrypted location on the client tablet.
Problem Statement: One of our clients was required to expose key functionality from the enterprise Maximo suite to contract users who were not onboarded via HR system. Given that there were close to 1500 to 2000 contractors who needed access to Maximo WO and job data, our client did not want to invest money in onboarding all these contractors on a temporary basis due to the overhead cost from HR, legal and background checks. The client only wanted to expose this data in a secure manner without compromising the network and security integrity of internal infrastructure.
Salient Features of Proposed Solution: Lead the design team for exposing key Maximo functionality to non-native provision-ed users up via MFA (multi-factor authentication).
• Leverage Azure cloud based Active Directory for external user provisioning. GoldenTech advised client on key components of setting up contractors via a stand-alone Azure tenant.
• Implement key architectural design patterns to use NetScalar’s Secure Access Gateway (SAG) to allow a non-native provisioned user to authenticate via Azure AD, which in turn serves as a SAML ID provider. The SAG authenticates to internal enterprise systems like Maximo, FileNet and SSRS via KCD (Kerberos Constrained Delegation)
Genesis Brunner spent 8 years in the US Army before coming to GoldenTech. Some of her time was spent in USSOCOM where she gained training in foreign affairs, mission capability, planning assets and execution management. She also has multi-DoD experience and Interagency Aviation planning & execution experience from her time spent overseas. At GoldenTech Mrs. Brunner directs all our Operations, that includes Recruiting/HR and also leads the Digital Marketing capability team.
Jeremy Horsley serves as GoldenTech’s Facility Security Officer (FSO) since 2021. As FSO, he is directly responsible for ensuring that GoldenTech stays in compliance with NISPOM guidelines. He runs the background checks and site visit requests for our employees.
She started her career as an Intern/Proposal Coordinator and climbed the ladder of experience over more than seven (7) years, becoming Sr. Proposal Manager/BD and Capture Manager. She has expertise in professional training, mentoring, guiding in the field of proposal management. Her successful efforts and proposal management skills in Information Technology, Management & Professional Services has led to numerous winning federal contracts including but not limited to IDIQs (such as OASIS), BPAs, GWACs, TOs, Contracts supporting DOD, NARA, NOAA, IRS, DHA, ANG, NGB, DISA, DOS, FEMA, SPAWAR, GSA 8(A) STARS III etc. She is holding double Masters in Business Administration (Finance and General Management) and Masters in Education along with Certification in Proposal Management from Shipley Associates.
Almost 40 years of USAF, USSF, Joint, and IC experience, with expertise in operations, training, requirements development, program management, war planning, Information Warfare, and business development.
Unique background combines combat proven operational foundation with focused cyber technology research — resulting in a true Trusted Advisor status. 12+ years “direct to customer” providing cyber requirements support, budgeting, strategic planning, and daily operations support.
18 years of business development, capture, and proposal development experience in pursuit of DoD contracts; participated in writing, creating staffing plans, and pricing for over 32 task order and ID/IQ bids.
6+ years providing program manage and directorate level leadership for cyber and intelligence contracts – responsible for profit and loss revenue goals.
Retired AF fighter pilot, with an operations focused approach to technical development. A-10s, F-15E, & T-38 instructor experience helps support AF leadership with technical solutions and commercial best practices for real world operations.
Fluent in cyberspace development, operations, training, modeling and simulation, and classified operations
Kyle Caddell is a 30 year veteran of the sports marketing industry that has included time with the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Tar Heel Sports Marketing, Chip Ganassi Racing, and the PGA TOUR.
Kyle is currently entering his 10 th year as the Founder of Synergy5, a sales and marketing agency that specializes in helping companies develop and implement successful business development strategies. Synergy 5 also executes community impact initiatives for major brands like Duke Energy.
As a Charlotte native, a graduate of the University of North Carolina and a passionate supporter of the Heels. He played collegiate baseball at UNC and at Wake Forest University. Kyle and his wife Robin reside in Charlotte and have three children. In the community, the Caddell family is members of Providence United Methodist Church and Kyle is a past board member of the Harris YMCA.
Pushpinder Singh Garcha founded Golden Tech Systems in 2007, and has been serving as it’s President since 2011. Pushpinder Garcha has over 18 years of corporate experience in various sectors of the industry that spans from finance to utilities. He provides leadership and strategic oversight to the firm. He is responsible for leading Golden Tech’s path in to the federal marketplace and expanding commercial business.
He has an bachelors degree in electrical engineering from University of Bombay and masters degree in computer science from University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He is active within his local community and passionate about civil rights and minority affairs. He serves on the board of Sikh Heritage Society of Charlotte and UNITED SIKHS.